Professional Practice and Engagement Week 2




What personality type are you? 

Personality Type ISTJ which means that I'm logical, organised and thorough when it comes to my working style I like to make sure things are done properly and on time. This personality type applies to people who learn best when they deem a subject worthwhile and practical. 

ISTJ's can focus on a task for long periods of time and dedicate a lot of energy, if the task is important to them. They struggle, however, with devoting themselves to tasks that feel unimportant or don't make sense to them. People with this personality type tend to be very introspective and prefer to deal with facts rather than potential happenings, making their approaches to problems generally conventional but well thought out.

Who else (famous people) share this personality type with you? Did the results of this test surprise you? 


Some notable figures in the list of ISTJ personality types included George Washington, Queen Elizabeth II and Sigmund Freud. I did find these results surprising at first but after better understanding some of the core aspects of the personality type, I started to understand why that might be. 

It seems reasonable to assume that all of these people would respect logic and order and prefer to address facts in problem solving tasks.

Do you agree with your personality assessment (why/why not)? 

I do agree with it. I'm a very introspective person who tends to over analyse situations and it is highly important to me that tasks are completed in an organised and timely way. Its also very true that, while I am dedicated to completing tasks on time, I find it very hard to focus if the topic doesn't seem relevant to me or present enough practical applications.

How do you think your personality would fit into the workplace?

As an ISTJ I work best on my own but can adapt to working within teams. Due to my Introversion, I'm not suited to managerial roles and prefer to be assigned tasks. Having a preference for Sensing means that I am more interested in current facts as they stand, rather than the bigger picture or potential future developments, which could put certain limits on my work products. My preference for Thinking means that I will analyse situations more objectively and due to my high Judgement score, I prefer to plan things early, ensuring I'm punctual and organised in my work life.

No comments:

Post a Comment